Join our wind energy innovation community
We're building a community for startups, entrepreneurs, industry, and government to get more innovations in to use in the wind energy sector.
We want to make it easier for entrepreneurs and researchers to take the step to a startup. Then we want to speed up your path to a validated demo and minimum viable product by connecting you to early adopters:
- Collaborations with academia to raise awareness of startups as an option
- A modular startup incubator program with cohorts twice a year to help you get going.
- Our forum is a safe space for people building startups to share experience and network.
- Regular coffee chats to talk about important issues on the journey from first idea to functioning business.
- And, we’re building up a knowledge base of grants, investors, and support services.
Once you’re ready, we’ll help you rehearse your pitch and get you connected to early adopters and investors.
Join Induction Zone to access new ideas, new technologies, and new products and services for wind energy.
- Hear pitches about new products from entrepreneurs and early-stage startups
- Help shape new businesses so they fit your needs
- Get early access to newly-commercialised technologies
We’re planning events for businesses starting in Summer 2022. Look out for networking sessions, pitches from startups, and more!
If this sounds good, help us to make it happen! Join the discussion at talk.inductionzone.org. You can also subscribe to our mailing list here for regular updates.
9. August 2022: Community launched
We’ve just opened talk.inductionzone.org. Come and tell us what you’re up to, find the information you need, and get answers to your questions.
18. July 2022: Call for founders.
We’re looking for founders to help refine Induction Zone’s mission and sign the articles of incorporation. We’ve got three webinars scheduled soon:
- July 19th, 16:00-17:00 Berlin. Register through LinkedIn.
- July 26th, 16:00-17:00 Berlin. Register at eventbrite.
- August 3rd, 16:00-17:00 Berlin. Register at eventbrite.
8. June 2022: Concept presented at the Digitale Vollversammlung des Forschungsnetzwerks Erneuerbare Energien – Wind
We presented the concept for Induction Zone at the online general meeting of the German Renewable Energy Research Network - Wind.
Dr. sc. ETH Zürich MEng CEng
Business manager & tech transfer lead
Andy leads enviConnect and is the first point of contact for all enquiries. He has over 20 years of experience in renewable energy and climate science RD&D projects in Europe, Canada, and the USA. He's been a chartered engineer with the UK's Institute of Mechanical Engineers since 2010, and now helps run the IMechE local members' group in Germany.
Andy is our expert in technology transfer and research partnerships.
Ines is an aerospace engineer and measurement expert with a focus on wind turbine power performance testing and wind power forecasting. She has 10 years experience in data analysis and international R&D project management. As a team lead at the University of Stuttgart she learned how to be at the forefront of new technologies and implement new ideas quickly.
Ines now leads enviConnect's wind lidar consultancy activities.
Getting started in wind energy
A guide for academics, job seekers, and entrepreneurs
Developed and helped implement a successful strategy for organic growth